What an apt day for this prompt! I was looking to vent out something that happened last night and here cometh the daily prompt!
Wifey left again to visit her parents and her in-laws (my parents) today. I’m alone for next 15 days again but we had a bedtime conversation going after a long time yesterday. Ever since she returned, she was puzzled by my new found love for writing. Actually she’s right to feel this way as nothing comes so easy to me. I procrastinate to levels not known to ordinary humans. I put things off simply because I don’t feel my toes are working perfectly (just a case in point).
We went out to dinner the night she returned, I bought her gifts and we started talking about her experience and when she paused for water, mine too! She had apparently been following my blog from where she was, had grown a bit fond of it. Not delving into how she fared during her vacation, I can tell you what she told me about the results of my break – “You’ve really chilled. You don’t look frazzled. There’s a calmness over you which is helping me wind down too!”.
Then last night, she told me about a demon that she’s been feeding for last 27 years. And I’m thinking how the hell did I miss this about her? Then again, life hasn’t been all hunky dory lately so missing a detail isn’t that big an issue for both of us! She told me how, she has always wanted to emulate a colonel friend of her grand father whom she met when she was just 3. She met him only 3-4 times but considered him as more of her grand father than her actual one (this must really hurt a soul I tell you) and all because he taught her how to carry herself and how to talk to others and things most parents miss these days (ironically her parents missed it too).
Now how does all this relate to today’s prompt? An artist, per me, is someone who elicits responses untold to many a soul themselves. He puts out something that prompts others to empty their own souls when all the while he is himself just emptying his own. Am I an artist?I’m no artist. For I’m no writer (I’m trying to be but am far far away from it), I’m no singer, I’m no player but yet I could, with my demeanor, elicit a response, a thought from my soul mate that she was prepared to hide until told otherwise. I felt proud. I had never had such a deep discussion with her, and she didn’t mind not sleeping at all last night, for she felt light!
Yes, writing is my art, not perfect yet but it’ll do till I can keep my soul mate honest and open with me. I can now see why she always pushed me to get into a different line along with my current industry. Something creative that brought out the good in me. She told me, the way I am today, I can never get someone to like me even if I wanted it the hardest. They’ll never understand me for I’ve built a fort around me and I don’t let anyone in. Trust me people – she’s made her way in already, she just doesn’t know it yet!
Let’s find out the arts of others –
- Freedom in a pen | MC’s Whispers
- YouTube Clips: Daily Prompt | ALIEN AURA’S BLOG: IT’LL BLOW YOUR MIND!
- Jamming | Knowledge Addiction
- Daily Prompt: Express Yourself! | The WordPress C(h)ronicle
- The Match (Part 5) 40 Acres | The Jittery Goat
- Singing All The Way | Knowledge Addiction
- DP Daily Prompt: Express Yourself! | Sabethville
- Write to Heal | From Hiding to Blogging
- Xi’an, the Place with Enriched Stories | From Hiding to Blogging
- Taipei – a Mesmerizing City | From Hiding to Blogging
- Broken Dreams? | Tale of Two Tomatoes
- Daily prompt – Express yourself! | myjourneyeveryday
- Daily Prompt: Express Yourself! | benjaminsolak
- Bed Talks | Views Splash!
- The Creator God and His Gift to Us | meanderedwanderings
- Express Yourself | Dragon Droppings
- Express Yourself | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- Daily Prompt: Express Yourself-Is it Children’s Obligation to Take Care of Their Parents? | Journeyman
- I teach! | Purplesus’ Blog
- Quadruple Threat [Intimate Sessions] | She Writes
- [M.M.X.I.V. 95] The dancing feet | Never A Worry
- Daily Prompt: Express Yourself! | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- Building Blocks of a Project | Photography Journal Blog
- More than an Expression…an Extension of Me | snapshotsofawanderingheart
- E Is For Expressing Yourself | My Little Avalon
- My Games… | from dusk to dawn….
- Creativity in pranks, viruses and retaliation: This week’s weird and wacky news « psychologistmimi
- Reach High | Flowers and Breezes
- Freedom In Expression | Coffee With Jesus
- Daily Prompt: Express Yourself! | seikaiha’s blah-blah-blah
- DAILY PROMPT: Express Yourself | Melissa Holden
- My dog doesn’t see the point of leg weaves |
- 8 things I have to say about debate | Never Stationary
- A Small Guest With a Box of Sweets | wisskko’s blog
- Daily Prompt: Express Yourself! | thechangingpalette
- Daily Prompt: Express Yourself! | I Just Like Doing Them | Shawn Daily
- Daily Prompt: Express Yourself | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Sunset Over India | Broken Light: A Photography Collective
- Daily Prompt Express Yourself : Joy | Angela McCauley
- Please Don’t Call Me A Writer
- Daily Prompt: Express Yourself | Words4jp’s Blog
- Therapy | In the Present
- Daily Prompt: Express Yourself | That Montreal Girl
- Daily Prompt: Express yourself | A cup of noodle soup
- Express Yourself | Kimmiecode
- Daily prompt: Express yourself! | Go, See, Live
- Express Yourself | The Land Slide Photography
- you keep me at varying | y
- No Such Thing as Self-Expression | Author Laura Lee
- Comin’ Through the Rye | Speculative Paradigm Shifts
- Ex-press-ion | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Daily Prompt: Express Yourself | gracenorcott
- my purpose | peacefulblessedstar
- Persuing Perfection | The Ravenously Disappearing Woman
- Poetry that doesn’t challenge my brain | The Salmon Yatra
- One’s Creative Expression | Cats, Coffee, And Life At Random
- Creative me | Emovere