Headphones – CHECK!
Libation – CHECK!
Cell Phone – CHECK!
Dog – CHECK!
Doors – CHECK!
So we’re ready to go!
Before we start, a song I got reminded of with the prompt –
I’m FAT! I admit it. I’m fat since birth. From that sweet cuddly coochie coochie puff-ball to this mountain of a man, I’ve come a long way. The situation changes though when you have issues accepting it!
And I always took this word as an insult all throughout my schooling. For some reason, it never fitted an honest description of mine, and I’m honest!
There was this guy Manish (for some reason I can’t recall his surname), who often teased me about it when he was 30 kgs heavier than I was then! He had a belly when he was in 10th grade, and I don’t want to demean him or anyone but he truly walked like an elephant!
Then one noon, the anger inside me just went through the roof. He along with some others, started making fun of me yet again when I clearly wanted to study. It was time for face off. We started pushing each other like all Indians start off and then came the heavy push from him. He threw me back a dozen steps back before I regained control again. This was it! No one will ever bully me again (or so I thought) and went full throttle, all my weight behind my head and shoulders and struck him on his chest with my fists. He flew – his bum right into the dustbin behind him. The scene was delirious! All my anger vanished right then. I went up to him, pulled his bum out from the hole, and he winked! I’ll forever remember the wink!
He never teased me again, in fact, a couple of months later, he left school and came to say a proper goodbye on his last day.
I’ll forever remain proud of what I did. It taught me of the strength in my body, of my quick feet and most of all, of my forgiveness!
Lets see how others fight superior powers –
- I should be so lucky | new2writing
- Daily Prompt: Fight The Power- History of How Small Things Changes The World | Journeyman
- The Match (Part 10) A Torn Photo | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Fight the Power | The WordPress C(h)ronicle
- DP Daily Prompt: Fight the Power | Sabethville
- Fight the Power | The Nameless One
- the american dream | y
- Fighting for the Underdog! Daily Prompt | ALIEN AURA’S BLOG: IT’LL BLOW YOUR MIND!
- “Lost” One; Won One in The Battle Against Cruelty | Dragon Droppings
- Fated? | Kate Murray
- Dealing with Government Intrusion | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- Eternity in vain | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Sinners and saints | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Daily Prompt: Fight the Power | PERSONAL LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
- of violence | Anawnimiss
- I didn’t get Jeffed*! | Purplesus’ Blog
- Fighting the man while still dancing with him « psychologistmimi
- Daily Prompt from WordPress: Taking a stand – That’s My Answer
- The Man « Averil Dean
- Internet Warfare! | Pippakin Talks Cats, Dogs, Teeth and Claws
- Daily prompt | Just Visiting This Planet
- Choose Your Fight; 1970 | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Daily Prompt: Fight the Power | Blissful Pages
- What is Your Limit? | The Land Slide Photography
- Daily Prompt: Fight The Power | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Indignation | A-to-Z Day 9 | melissuhhsmiles
- No luck | Life is great
- Go Make A Stand | Flowers and Breezes
- Daily Prompt: Fight the Power | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- Fight the Powers – Special Ed Woes | Randomness Expressed
- Day 9: [I]ncolense to Some, Taking a Stand to Others | 20/20 Hines Sight
- Jesus and “the Man” | meanderedwanderings
- A memory in Kindergarten | wisskko’s blog
- Daily Prompt: Fight the Power | Bob’s Blog-O-Rama
- Sunt eu, en Haiduc (It’s Me, an Outlaw) | djgarcia94