In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Lazy Learners.”
I think I may have looked like this guy a couple of times while walking down the streets, metal banging deep into my ear drums – crazy enough that I would just not jump in the air to relieve the rush. It must have started in my toddler years when I started counting beats and moving my wrists and ankles to every beat.
I have no clue when this crazy habit turned into a long held and suppressed passion. Yes, I’m talking about drumming. Yearnings often have a strange way to fill voids around you. They just simply pop up when you are least prepared for them. You’d have no money, no resources, no motivation to start a new chapter. But this is how and when life throws you tests to check if you’re still that kid who’d give anything to hit a six on the first ball of every over, to take a wicket with the first ball that you bowl – to test your zeal.
It came and went by, multiple times – the opportunity to start drumming. I’d have no money or the studio would be far or I’ll simply be lazy enough to not let even an earthquake move me from my bed and each time it felt like I missed a train and with it, the journey to all good and adventurous things. And when I think about it now, all the while I was simply avoiding the journey to start finding myself and my truer purpose.
I have this crazy habit of killing myself and my ambitions before building new ones. It starts with a simple and an insignificant compromise made in the name of benevolence wherein I’ll give my chocolate away or skip a pizza to provide for a cab ride for my wife. You know it’s these kind of things that birth a lackadaisical attitude. I have a tendency to wait for opportune moments to arrive when I’ll best savor the pleasures that I indulge in. But sadly, it has never served me well, or that’s how feel right now – left behind, cowering from the harsh realities of this world.
I’m evolving as all things do. And with it I’m learning the important factor that governs all things – TIME. And as each moment passes me by, this incredible urge to finish all that’s yet incomplete is killing all the patience I’ve accumulated in my 30 years past. It feels that I must miss no train again. And if it means losing something precious, so be it, for all good things that you do for yourself compensate for other good things that aren’t really high on longevity.
So now when I play inside the jamming room and the calf muscles start to burn, I think about all the times I have ditched this pleasure – my pleasure in order to pleasure others. Now I don’t get scared when I hold those two sticks between my fingers. I’m just starting (3 classes young) but the encouragement I get from my teacher is enough to let me return to my home with a well earned smile. This, my friends, is true happiness. Nothing surpasses it!!!
Do not overtake someone only to slow down right in front of him. This is the most annoying thing you do while driving! Not only are you wasting a lot of someones time, you are also garnering a lot of negative praises that are hitting your back and may also be true! 😉
But then, there is never any harm in knowing the truth, is there?
This one’s easy – it’s my wife!
I remember the restaurant
I remember the hue
I remember the dreamy silhouette that was you!
You appeared from the lights
And blew mine away.
All I saw was you
That smile in the fray.
We talked and talked
For hours and hours
Your career and mine
For an unsurpassable length of time.
Till we were caught dreaming
By our Dads screaming!
You know the easiest trap to fall into is to start even thinking about how your life isn’t worth comparing to others. I almost fell into it yesterday when I read how someone was about to start doing what she truly wanted to do, while I haven’t yet started!
There are many other things I believe in other than the ones I elaborated yesterday. One of them is – nothing comes to you before time. I see people doing whatever with their lives and a sense of jealousy passes over me only to remind me of this motto.
I’ve led a rather satisfying and cool life when I consider my priorities in life. I’ve changed myself to plan everything and live by it. Though my plans to actually start leading the life of my dreams, start a few years later. Till then, I need security. I need to secure my future along with my wifes and plan on how to start taking over the responsibilities of my aging parents.
Nothing must leave my hands now and I’ve understood that therein lies the true power of my dreams. Never letting them go. Not once, ever. I’ve wasted a lot of time doing stupid things that never really benefitted my soul and have never worked to make me happy. Yes, some of them did relieve a lot of unwanted stress. Yes, some of them did teach me what random happiness feels like. But they still weren’t my true friends. They were a passerby who handed me tea and coffee only to refresh me, hand me a word of advice, and say goodbye!
I feel a lot of what I’m doing since a couple of months, drives me to my dreams. Some of it is still a baggage and it needs shedding but that’ll be done when time comes. All I need is patience. Patience to see my time come. I’ve sowed the seeds to my happiness and I vow to live to see those plants grow and flower. I need that tree to provide shade to other passerby’s who will later board on their respective journeys to happiness.
I need people as much they need me. We just need to acknowledge the need. I feel I’m a changed man already. I take time and try to not freak out when things aren’t going my way. Whether it be those moronic drivers on the road or those stupid queues at the counters, I try to stay calm. And I see people responding to my efforts, even unconsciously. All I do is keep doing what I programmed my brain to do and the rest keeps falling into place. I don’t need to think of the future so much. It’ll come the way it has to. It simply needs acknowledgement – a courteous nod!
Lets see what others have in their minds –
- I hate Inspirational Facebook Update Pictures | AS I PLEASE
- VIP Saudi Wedding at Ritz Carlton – JBR | Rima Hassan
- Daily Prompt: She Drives Me Crazy- Pyshology Behind “Being Late” and it’s Consequences | Journeyman
- Daily Prompt: She drives me crazy! | Purplesus’ Blog
- Daily Prompt: She Drives Me Crazy | seikaiha’s blah-blah-blah
- The Production of “Hair” At Billy Bronco’s | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: They Drive Me Crazy | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily Prompt: She Drives Me Crazy | The WordPress C(h)ronicle
- I drive me crazy… | new2writing
- DP Daily Prompt: She Drives Me Crazy | Sabethville
- 狂気！（Crazy!) | Eyes Through The Glass – A Blog About Asperger’s
- Daily Prompt: what drives me crazy | Love your dog
- Control??? / Daily Prompt | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Daily Prompt: She Drives Me Crazy | littlegirlstory
- Wait you mean you came to class unprepared again??? | One Educator’s Life
- etiquette | yi-ching lin photography
- the second law of | y
- The First Date – Part 3 | In Harmony
- Stories That Drive Me Crazy | My Little Avalon
- Daily Prompt: She Drives Me Crazy | Pastathree’s Blog
- Stop lingering, STOP lingering, please stop lingering!! | The Flavored Word
- A dialogue | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Actus reus | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Daily Prompt: She Drives Me Crazy | Bob’s Blog-O-Rama
- Narcissism or Self-Exploration? | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- March is driving me crazy: Laguardia, Wrestlemania and Selena on my mind as winter draws to its final end « psychologistmimi
- She Drives Me Crazy | The Story of a Guy
- “Will the last one in my World please turn everything off” | Prompt Me Please
- daily prompt: one of these days, alice! | r | one studio architecture
- Déjà Vu All over Again! | My Author-itis
- Groove « Averil Dean
- Daily Prompt: She Drives Me Crazy | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- Leonard Woolf ‘speaks’ | ALIEN AURA’S BLOG: IT’LL BLOW YOUR MIND!
- Crazy Monday | Jody Lynne
- “She Drives Me Crazy” | Relax
- Watch Out for that Tree! | meanderedwanderings
- Daily Prompt: She Drives Me Crazy | imagination
- Like nails on a chalkboard. | Hope* the happy hugger
- Respect for the music | Life is great
- Pet Peeves Continued… | Live, Love, Laugh, Dance, Pray
- A few thoughts for improvement | An old fart back in school
- Daily Prompt: She Drives Me Crazy | My Atheist Blog
- ah shaddap you face | eastelmhurst.a.go.go
- Daily Prompt: She Drives Me Crazy |Five Annoying Things | Shawn
- Don’t be Manipulated | wisskko’s blog
- DP: DON’T TOUCH THAT! | Scorched Ice
- Some things just drive you a little crazy… | chattinatti
- Pet Peeves | Wright Outta Nowhere
- T and Trouble | Flowers and Breezes
- Follia | Daily Post – Missmosta
- Life on the ward | A picture is worth 1000 words
- I never was very good at ball games. | thoughtsofrkh
- Drives Me Crazy: Daily Prompt | ALIEN AURA’S BLOG: IT’LL BLOW YOUR MIND!
- What Drives Me Crazy? | 3rdculturechildren
- Monday’s daily prompt 🙂 | myjourneyeveryday
- I AM the Crazy | djgarcia94
- She Drives Me Crazy | The Nameless One
- Daily Prompt: She Drives Me Crazy | poems: “lax rhetorica”
- Finger Lickin’ Good | thanks for letting me autograph your cat
- Something about myself | Kat and her Blog
- Daily Prompt: She Drives Me Crazy | picturingpositive
- A Pet Peeve: Please Do Not Sh*t in My Bed | Kosher Adobo
- Daily Prompt: She Drives Me Crazy | Ramblings of a Midwest 20-Something
- Daily Prompt: Moments to Remember | Ramblings of a Midwest 20-Something
- I don’t feel like procreating right now. Let’s move on shall we? | Shoot the messenger
- Drives her crazy | Thin spiral notebook
- Daily Prompt: She Drives Me Crazy| Unprofessional Cashiers | Random…Yet Not So Random Thoughts Of Mine
- Daily Prompt: She Drives Me Crazy: Myself | Just Be V
- 24 Things I Irrationally Hate | meg lago
- Taking public transit in Montreal drives me crazy at times | That Montreal Girl
- Daily Prompt: She Drives Me Crazy | Burning Imagination
- I hate that I have become Ross from friends | The Bohemian Rock Star’s “Untitled Project”
- The News! Ha! | Trucker Turning Write
- daily prompt: she drives me crazy |
- That Drives Me Crazy | 365 Days of Thank You
- Not That Kind Of Marriage | Edward Hotspur
- Garbage out of place | mombox
- Daily Prompt: She Drives Me Crazy | Ty
- She Drives Me Crazy: Daily Post | Destino
- Wait — let me get something to write on | Oh Danny Boy!
- Winning the sanity battle | Emotional Fitness
- Daily Prompt: She Drives Me Crazy | Basically Beyond Basic
- Daily prompt: ‘She’? I’m a one-man band | helen meikle’s scribblefest
- “Really!” Come on Maaaan! | jsleflore
- [Prompt] Drives Me Crazy | kkjj95
Let me assure you that the crop of girls in our college was never very respectable. Well I’m not a flatterer myself but humans always have an image of the opposite gender they want to flirt with. I had one such image of really smart girls, well dressed and today I was seeing them aplenty. Those girls from Satyam Computers HR department. Man my sore eyes got a field day.
Yes, Satyam Computers from Hyderabad arrived in our college to conduct off-campus recruitment. We knew they were going to, 6 months ahead, for we prepared for it. I certainly had but wasn’t sure whether it was adequate. Group discussions, personal interviews, aptitude tests, technical interviews were all practised. It’d been so hectic, I, in my mind had already cleared the interview.
The day finally arrived. We were called at 6 am in the morning only for written tests to start at 10 am. They enrolled everyone and I along with it, got my early morning jaded eyes laid on some of the beautiful ladies who had arrived. With all my documents in my bag and resume in my hand, I kept roaming the campus behaving like I’d never seen it before. I was living it, absorbing the magnanimity of the occasion, and had made up my mind to not get nervous.
The day ended, with me still alive in the competition. Went to my room and kept preparing for the interviews tomorrow. We were called at 6 am again for they were going to be very thorough in their selection. I wasn’t bird watching today. Each candidate, all 116 of us were grilled through the day when at 11:30 pm, they declared that I was selected. Joy knew no bounds. This was one of my time warps!
Lets check out what others have for this topic –
- Karma For a Lapsed Veggie | AS I PLEASE
- Mad Hatter and I | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Ecclesiastical rocket | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Lime Plant in White | Exploratorius
- Daily Prompt: Twilight Zone | Incidents of a Dysfunctional Spraffer
- Daily Prompt: Twilight Zone- The Psychological Fact of Living | Journeyman
- Coffee Neurotics Seem To Find Each Other and The Daily Prompt | The Jittery Goat
- The Twilight Zone | Hope* the happy hugger
- Daily Prompt: Twilight Zone | Under the Monkey Tree
- Wholesale Hot Dogs | the intrinsickness
- Surreal journey: Daily Prompt | ALIEN AURA’S BlOG: IT’LL BLOW YOUR MIND!
- Daily Prompt: Twilight Zone | The Wandering Poet
- Daily Prompt: Twilight Zone | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- fandom | yi-ching lin photography
- DP Daily Prompt: Twilight Zone | Sabethville
- IN THE ZONE AND OUT AGAIN | SERENDIPITY
- in concert, there ought | y
- The Truth About Motherhood | theempathyqueen
- Pushing forty, going on sixteen… most of us anyway. | thoughtsofrkh
- Drunkenness Adventures | Knowledge Addiction
- You will meet a tall, dark, handsome stranger- again | Suddenly Single in Marin
- Daily Prompt: Twilight Zone | SURREAL | nomadofwoods
- Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- Twilight Zone meets Logan | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- Daily Prompt: Twilight Zone | A Day In The Life
- One Crazy Mom » Living In A Haze
- The Santa in Derby UK | Le Drake Noir
- For E., With Love and Make-up | Kosher Adobo
- 270. Train Rush | Barely Right of Center
- Twilight Zone | The Silver Leaf Journal
- The Daily Post: Twilight Zone – Revelation | growinolder
- Surreal (Short story) | A mom’s blog
- The Cruelty of Time | snapshotsofawanderingheart
- Chaffinch | Writing and Works
- Daily Prompt: Twilight Zone « Mama Bear Musings
- Episodes of Serenity | My Musings | WANGSGARD
- Daily Prompt/ Twilight Zone? | Sitting on the Porch
- Get Transported. How? Finding Awe | Emotional Fitness
- Daily Prompt: The Twilight Zone | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- DP: Surreal | As I See It
- Twilight Moments (Daily Prompt Challenge) | Ana Linden
- In the Nick of Time. | jwdwrites
- Daily Prompt: Twilight Zone | Indira’s Blog
- The Quickest Way To The Twilight Zone Is By Bus… | Steve Says…
- This is Not a Pipe | jigokucho
- The Twilight Zone | melissuhhsmiles
- Secret Jellyfish World | Wright Outta Nowhere
- Moving back home will make anyone feel as if they’ve entered a 1950′s pod people movie. | The Bohemian Rock Star’s “Untitled Project”
- Delirium | Life is great
- Silence in the Metro | MC’s Whispers
- There Is No Time/Daily Prompt | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Woman urinating in traffic | shame
- Magnetic Me | Green Embers
- Mother’s Room | Flowers and Breezes
- DP: Confusion / Surreal – Morning Prayer at Mina (Hajj diary extract) | aliabbasali
- Daily Prompt: Twilight Zone | Basically Beyond Basic
- Miss Mona’s Final Day
- Surreal | Real Life Co.
- Daily Prompt: Being Trippy! | All Things Cute and Beautiful
- When Facts & Imagination Converge… | AShadeOfJade
- http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2014/02/28/daily-prompt-twilight-zone/ | Menimèse Creare
- The Psychology of Scooby Doo Friends in the Workplace: Piety, Problem-solving and Paranoia « psychologistmimi
- One girl two cups | EatYour HeartOut
- Death, sex, surrealism | Standing Ovation, Seated
- Twilight Zone | Lori’s Life and Other Stuff
- Remembrance of Things Past | djgarcia94
- The Daily Prompt: Twilight Zone – Somewhere I Shouldn’t Be | wordistryinc’s Blog
- improbably negative. | The Seminary of Praying Mantis
- Losing Faith: So hard to breathe. | anonim0us
- Dreaded Vis-à-vis | field of thorns
- Like Deja Vu | Sam’s Online Journal
Life gives you a second chance at everything only if you are willing to make it up to it. Yes, we all screw up. Some who are not careful enough, screw up majorly. Does this mean these screw ups don’t deserve a second chance? No. Every human act either teaches to be careful the next time or guides you to another related worthwhile action which demands your attention which again will go through the same scrutiny and options.
So now you gave another person a second chance. Now what do you have to do to make them comfortable in their surroundings and to make them meet a goal they have either set for themselves or you have set for them? Support them, not just by encouraging them but also by making sure that things don’t change from the way they were and they don’t feel that you would peel away from them if the goal isn’t met. For the weak-hearted, this is hard. This is just not the way to go by making yourselves unavailable to them when they need you the most. They are in their place now because they are weak.
Weakness is everyone’s possession. No one is perfect. We are only made perfect by the circumstances. When life favors you, you may even stay unchallenged and by a long distance, immortal in the eyes of those who see your meteoric rise. But for those who face the wrath of time on their face, it’s everyone else’s responsibility to support them. We just have to make sure that there is – No Love Lost!